OnShift Announces New Products for Workforce Analysis and Talent Acquisition
Expanded offering in human capital management helps senior care providers address critical hiring needs
CLEVELAND, February 23, 2015 — OnShift, a leader in human capital management software for post-acute care and senior living, today announced new workforce analysis and applicant tracking products for proactive hiring of quality healthcare workers. Building upon OnShift’s flagship scheduling application, the OnShift suite gives providers data-driven insight into hiring needs so they can recruit, hire and schedule staff consistently and efficiently.
New products include OnShift Insight for proactive hiring recommendations and OnShift Hire for efficient applicant tracking.
- Senior care providers struggle with identifying hiring needs, which is often reactive or based on guesswork. In fact, 50% of providers rely on waiting until an employee leaves to make the decision to hire[i]. OnShift Insight addresses this challenge by analyzing staffing patterns in the schedule to proactively uncover where staff vacancies exist, so managers can make faster and more informed decisions to hire.
- With OnShift Insight, organizations access a graphical dashboard to gain a clearer picture of their shortages, pinpoint premium pay hours that can be replaced more cost-effectively, and model what-if scenarios to understand potential hiring impact.
- Once an open position is identified and approved for hire, the job requisition can be automatically created in OnShift Hire to jumpstart the hiring process.
- With OnShift Hire, organizations access extensive sourcing and recruiting tools to build a candidate pool, manage talent acquisition online from contact-to-hire, and track progress throughout the entire hiring lifecycle.
- With 52% caregiver turnover[ii] and over 70,000 vacant direct care staff positions[iii] in long-term care, hiring and retaining quality talent is a top priority. OnShift Insight and OnShift Hire, together with OnShift Schedule, help providers make informed hiring decisions, efficiently acquire talent, and staff consistently for higher satisfaction, lower costs and quality care.
“Since our inception, OnShift has been committed to creating innovative and intuitive software to help long-term care and senior living providers solve their workforce challenges. Our new products deliver on our commitment and will give providers proactive tools to tackle their hiring needs head on,” stated Mark Woodka, CEO, OnShift. “We are excited to build upon our core scheduling application and work hand-in-hand with senior care providers so they can get staffing right, from the start, to achieve clinical, operational, and financial improvements.”
“From identifying openings to hiring and scheduling, OnShift is offering a powerful solution for senior care providers to overcome some of their greatest workforce struggles,” stated Dale Zaletel, Post-Acute Care Development Strategist. “Providing real-time visibility into hiring needs will eliminate cumbersome and time-consuming processes and allow executives to focus on running the business. As providers continue to face revenue pressures and slim margins, proper staffing, supported by OnShift, can facilitate the efficiencies and quality outcomes necessary to succeed in today’s environment.”
“Senior care providers must address staff stability in order to deliver consistent, quality outcomes,” stated Irene Fleshner, RN, MHA, FACHE and Principal, Reno, Davis & Associates. “OnShift’s product suite can help jumpstart hiring efforts so they can staff properly for quality care and service.”
About OnShift, Inc.
OnShift delivers cloud-based human capital management software and proactive services to solve everyday workforce challenges in healthcare. Our suite of products for hiring, scheduling and workforce analysis drives quality care, lower costs and higher performance by empowering providers to staff consistently and efficiently. Intuitive design, predictive analytics and customer success management are why thousands of post-acute care and senior living organizations rely on OnShift. For more information visit www.onshift.com.
[i] McKnight’s Long-Term Care News and OnShift, Workforce Insights research 2015
[ii] American Healthcare Association (AHCA) Staffing Report 2012
[iii] American Healthcare Association (AHCA) Staffing Report 2012